my cat just stepped into hot wax! it’s on her one paw and on her tail and belly.?

it was a candle warmer on the kitchen counter and she stepped right into it. what do i do for her? the vet’s closed for the day.

8 answers by real people - my cat just stepped into hot wax! it’s on her one paw and on her tail and belly.?

  • 1 month ago

    Don’t worry, your cat probably did not burn herself too badly so unless you see open skin I would skip the vet. Do not put the cat in water, hot or cold, that will not help get the wax off and will only stress her out. Instead gently remove whatever wax you can with your fingers and then carefully cut the wax covered fur off. Don’t worry, whatever you cannot get off her will come off eventually. So just trim off what you can and keep an eye on her paw just in case the burn does not heal properly. good luck

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    My kitten pepper stepped into wax also while the candle was burning. She will be okay if she does not have an open sore. Just try to remove the wax with a wash cloth. I wouldn’t take her to a vet unless it is an open sore.

  • skatelate
    1 month ago

    oh pore cat. you need to take a cloth and run it under cold water press it to and inflamed parts of its body to stop the swelling. do not remove the wax. as soon as possible get an appointment with a vet. I hope your cat isn’t in to much pain. my cat jumped onto a oven door and burned her paw pads. I saw that someone said to use ice to remove the wax and to help with burning. do not do that. you will damage the skin. going from who extreme temperatures is extremely dangerous

  • deltadawn
    1 month ago

    Do not put her in any warm water, etc. Cats have different body temps. than us and can NOT tolerate.

    Try to cut away the fur on paw and tail gently and slowly that has wax on it.

    As for the paw, gingerly take off (peel) while you (or someone else) distracts her, ,,, maybe with a chin rub or so forth.

    Gd. luck.

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    I do not think the introduction of an OTC anti-biotic is wise for she will try to lick it off and by doing so she may be poisoned by it !

    Try to use an ice-cube to both remove the wax as well as reducing the pain ; I hope she will be Ok !

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    dont put her into a bath warm or cold like the above suggested!!! that would only hurt her more…neosporin if you have it would be great to put on her and the vet first thing in the morning or the emergency vet if available

  • icy_bath
    1 month ago

    they have warning labels to prevent these kinds of things.

  • kiki
    1 month ago

    shes not going to like it but put her in a really hot ( bot not too hot) bath. temp should be enough to melt it but dont burn your cat!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *